The Department of Health and Kinesiology will host the Huffines Discussion 6 on November 11 at 1 p.m. in the Annenberg Presidential Conference Center. National leaders throughout the human performance and sport medicine fields will meet to discuss the future of health and wellness practices across the nation.
Admission is free and made possible by the Sydney and JL Huffines Institute for Sports Medicine and Human Performance with advertising support from The Eagle and TexAgs.
Discussion topics will range from nutrition, obesity issues, exercise science, and professional sports.
“We are excited about all of our speakers because they represent the best and the brightest in the field right now,” said Huffines Institute director Dr. Tim Lightfoot. “I hope people walk away from this event learning about all the incredible things going on in this profession and how Texas A&M is helping lead the way.”
This year’s diverse speaker panel will include:
· Dr. James Hill - University of Colorado- Founder, Director, Anschutz Health and Wellness Center
· Ms. Chisa Yamaguchi - Marketing Director and Performer, Diavolo Institute
· Dr. John Jakicic - University of Pittsburgh – Examining the Influence of exercise on health and weight
· Dr. Peter Wagner - University of Cal, San Diego – Editor in chief, the Journal of Applied Physiology
· Dr. William Dexter - Former President, American College of Sports Medicine
· Dr. Sue Bodine - University of Cal, Davis
· Dr. Russell Pate - University of South Carolina
· Mr. Jarrod Johnson - Former Texas A&M Quarterback
More information about the Huffines Discussion 6 can be found on the website.